Keeping the communal office refrigerator neat and tidy can be a challenging task. With a large number of employees stuffing and getting their packed meals from the fridge on a daily basis, it can be one of the workplace’s biggest sources of germs and disarray. Here’s an easy cleaning guide that you can follow to keep it spotless and organized.
1. Organize the fridge regularly and efficiently - Keeping the fridge clean has a lot to do with regular maintenance and organizing than deep cleaning. Here are some tips that you can follow to keep things extra neat and organized:
2. Do a regular toss-out - Schedule a weekly cleaning schedule that will require employees to properly dispose their leftover meals and treats. You can do this at the end of the week during Fridays, where employees will be reminded to have their containers removed by that day. Here’s a handy guide that you can watch out for if something is worth getting tossed out of the fridge:
3. Sanitize and remove sticky surfaces - Did you know that unclean surfaces in the refrigerator can contain up to 8,000 bacteria per square centimeter? Most of these can pose great health risks and can even cause food poisoning. Protect the health of everyone in the office by regularly sanitizing and removing the stick surfaces in the refrigerator. Use cleaning solutions or even industrial-grade sanitizing machines to eliminate unsanitary stains that can be the cause of pathogens and other bacteria.
4. Clean the area behind the fridge - Apart from cleaning your refrigerator from the inside, it’s also important to regularly clean the rear area of the machine. Dust and dirt that have accumulated by the condenser coils can reduce the fridge’s efficiency, making way for reduced cooling which can cause food to go rotten. Make sure to eliminate the dirt and grime behind the fridge by wiping them off with a clean cloth and soapy water.
5. Practice good fridge etiquette for all users - More than cleaning your office fridge regularly, asking everyone’s work and cooperation in the office is the ultimate way to make it neat and organized. Here are some essential rules and reminders that you can implement:
Keeping your office fridge clean and organized shouldn’t be a problem once you have these rules set in motion. With a regular cleaning schedule and the cooperation of everyone in the workspace, your communal refrigerator experience should go without a hitch.
If tidying up your office is taking up too much time and effort, then perhaps you should hire a professional cleaning services company to help you focus on what matters the most: your productivity. Hiring a professional office cleaning service like Luce Maintenance Group will ensure that your office gets the right amount of attention and care it deserves. Our highly trained cleaning staff will ensure that your workspace looks sparkling clean with every session. Contact us today and get a free quotation!
Subscribe to our newsletter and get 10% off your first servicing.